Assam government on Wednesday took some major key decisions in the cabinet meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in Guwahati.
Highlights of the cabinet meeting:
- In a bid to strengthen the Assam Police force a Police Commission will be constituted.
- 15,000 vacancies for numerous posts in Assam Police will be filled from September 1 onwards.
- Five new Assam Police Battalions to come up.
- Printing and Stationary Department has been merged with the Directorate of Information and Public Relations.
- The Passport Department has been merged with the Home Department.
- A pension of Rs.10,000 to be given per month for winners of National Games and Commonwealth Games. In this regard, a list of 250 players has been prepared so far.
- Grade-I jobs to offered to winners of Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, and Asian Games.