With the first phase of Lok Sabha Elections on, five parliamentary constituencies of Assam, which are Tezpur, Kaliabor, Jorhat, Dibrugarh and Lakhimpur, have gone polling.
For a citizen to vote a huge procedure comes to play, where various bodies come together and cooperate for smooth and fair polling.
Here are few of the details of the part of the procedure at play for the first phase of the Lok Sabha Elections that has begun from 7 AM today
- There are total 9574 Polling Stations (PS)
- A total of 42,126 polling personnel have been deployed at various PS
- 180 Coys of Security personnel have been deployed in various PS
- A minimum of one constable has been deployed in every PS
- 614 Micro Observers have been deployed for Phase I
- 201 PS have been equipped with all women polling personnel
- There are 225 all Model PS
- There are 20 remote polling stations
- 151 Flying Squad Team (FST) have been deployed for Phase I elections
- 137 Static Surveillance Team (SST) have been set up
- There are 118 Video Surveillance Team(VST)
- A total of 9574 sets of EVMs and VVPATs will be used for elections