Two children died in a fire at their apartment in Abul Fazl Enclave in south Delhi.Six fire tenders have been rushed to the spot. Fire officials say that they were trapped inside a room when the fire broke out and had died out of suffocation.
The fire was called in at 1.06 pm.Fire tenders were pressed into service and the flames were pressed into service and the flames were controlled within an hour.
Two children who were rescued from the fire and rushed to the nearby Holy Family hospital were brought declared dead.The two children have been identified as Zaid,a six-year-old boy and seven-year-old girl Aisha.
The prime reason for the fire is believed to be an electrical short circuit.It was found that a gas agency was operating from the ground floor of the building. The possibility of a gas leak too has not been ruled out.
Fire officials say that the first floor apartment was completely gutted while the second and third floor was badly damaged.