A total of 20 Bangladeshi nationals will be deported from Assam on Saturday via Karimganj border to Bangladesh. Border Security Force (BSF) will hand over the repatriates to the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR).
According to reports, 19 out of the 20 Bangladeshi nationals were detained at the detention camp of Silchar Central Jail, whereas, a woman was lodged in a Kokrajhar detention camp.
The Bangladeshi nationals to be deported were:
- Shekhar Namashudra (Sylhet)
- Sujita Chandra Das (Sylhet)
- Ikbal Hussain Talukdar (Sylhet)
- Isak Ali (Sylhet)
- Ajim Uddin (Sylhet)
- Amed Uddin (Sylhet)
- Samir Ahmed (Sylhet)
- Abdul Gafur (Sylhet)
- Chand Ali (Sylhet)
- Alim Uddin (Sylhet)
- Abdul Latif (Sylhet)
- Rabindra Das (Kishoreganj)
- Digen Chandra Das (Kishoreganj)
- Shah Ali Miyan (Kishoreganj)
- Ibrahim Talukdar (Kishoreganj)
- Faruk Miyan (Moulabi Bazaar) (Kishoreganj)
- Sayed Aal Amin (Habibganj)
- Rabiul Saddar (Gopalganj)
- Parimal Jaldas (Cox Bazaar)
- Alorani Das
Notably, a total of 21 Bangladeshi nationals were deported to their country through the international border in Sutarkandi ICP, Karimganj on January 19.
Prior to that, the first major diplomatic move to deport Bangladeshi nationals was initiated in October 2016, when almost 10 Bangladeshi nationals were sent back to the country.