At least 40 people, including 14 children, 11 women, were admitted for a suspected case of food poisoning in Sopakhua Health Centre in Sadia on Sunday.
They are said to have consumed prasad (offerings) at Amarpur in Sadia on Sunday following which the people including a good number of women and children suffered from dizziness and vomiting.
The patients were rushed to the health centre where they are undergoing treatment. Students body members and locals in large number also visited the patients to take stock of the situation.
The administration has decided to institute an inquiry to probe the cause of food poisoning.