The polling teams on Wednesday reached their respective polling stations across different parts of Assam for the second phase of Lok Sabha elections.
A total electorate of 69,10,592, including 33,55,95 women and 180 of the third gender, are able to exercise their franchise in 8,992 polling booths. Around 45,960 polling personnel have been deployed in the second phase.
Polling teams along with security officials were seen marching to their respective destinations today. In Assam, five constituencies namely Karimganj (SC), Silchar, Autonomous District (ST), Nowgong and Mangaldoi- are going to polls tomorrow from 7 am to 5 pm.
Total number of EVMs and VVPATs sets will be around 8992 for Phase II.
It may also be mentioned that the –
- Micro Observers for Phase II – 544
- General Observers for Phase II – 6
- Expenditure Observers for Phase II – 5
- Police Observers for Phase II – 3
- Flying Squad Team (FST) for Phase II – 137
- Static Surveillance Team (SST) for Phase II – 127
- Video Surveillance Team (VST) for Phase II – 105