Just a day has passed since the Gauhati High Court on Tuesday had ordered ban on bandhs and action to be taken against those involved in Bandhs, road blockade, rail blockade, which hampers normalcy, that instance of another road blockade have come in from Merapani.
Various organisations and local residents have staged protest against Nagaland, from the morning, blocking roads in border area of Merapani.
Protesters have alleged NSCN of assaulting traders of Assam while coming to extort money from them.
However, it has been seen that no action has yet been taken against the protesters blocking roads in Merapani as the Gauhati High Court order.
The High court order on Bandh says:
- The High court order on Bandh says:
- SP to file FIR within 24 hours
- Home Department be informed in 7 days
- Charge sheet against the Bandh callers
- Assam Police Accountability Commission to monitor SPs
- Home Department to file contempt cases
- Departmental proceeding against SPs who do not file Charge Sheet against Bandh callers.
- High Court to file contempt case against Home Department if no Contempt case filed by them
- Home department to ascertain damage and to be recovered from the office bearers of Bandh Callers
- A Bandh Loss Compensation Fund to be created
- After recovery, the money will be kept in the Fund and from there loss disbursement will be carried out.