The Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) has decided to contest the coming Lok Sabha elections alone. According to top party leader, the regional party has shortlisted several candidates for 13 Lok Sabha seats of Assam. However, the party is yet to take any decision on projecting candidate in the Kokrajhar seat.
The list of the short listed candidates is:
- Lakhimpur: Dr. Paramananda Sonowal or Tularam Gogoi
- Tezpur: Brindaban Goswami or Advocate Prem Sharma
- Dibrugarh: Raphael Kujur
- Jorhat: Hiranya Konwar or Pradip Hazarika; also AJYCP leader Palash Changmai is also being considered
- Mangaldoi: Birendra Prasad Baishya
- Guwahati: Ramendra Narayan Kalita or Kirip Chaliha
- Dhubri: Javed Islam
- Silchar: Misbah Ul Haque or Nurul Hussain
- Karimganj: Gautam Das
- Diphu: Prakanta Warisa or Debajit Thousen
- Barpeta: Kumar Dipak Das or Bhupen Ray
- Nagaon: Prafulla Kumar Mahanta
- Kaliabor: Keshab Mahanta
It should be noted that AGP had ended the alliance with BJP in the State on January 7 over the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill issue.