- Vistarita Atal Amrit Abhiyan – In 2016, I announced this cashless healthcare scheme for families whose income is Rs.5 lakhs or less. We have been receiving requests to include other expensive critical care disease groups. I, therefore, propose to expand the coverage of AAA.
- Happy to share that for SGH members of Japoripathar Binapani SGH, the grant of Rs 25000 under Kanaklata Mahila Sabalikaran Asomi have turned as a huge benefit as they could enhance livelihood activity which they had already undertaken.
- In 2017, I announced Kanaklata Mahila Sabalikaran Yojana with vision of promoting self-help groups. After approval from state cabinet, we launched the scheme in 2018. Happy to tell that we have provided financial support to tune of Rs 184.89 cr to 1.32 Lakh SHGs – Sarma.
- I have earmarked Rs 200 crores for Minority Girls Scholarship Scheme in Assam Budget 2019 and I am confident that this ‘educational security scheme’ will empower our sisters from the minority communities & will give them equal opportunity.
- Minority Girls Scholarship Scheme– A step towards education of girls belonging to minority. The scheme will encourage the girls to continue higher education. This scheme is being worked out by Education Depart & scheme will be launched from Financial Year 2019-20.
- Happy to tell you that a University for Divyangjan to be set up in Boko, Kamrup district under Deen Dayal Divyang Sahayjya Asoni scheme. It is one of the biggest initiatives to aid Divyang persons.
- Happy to announce that 1.15 Lakh beneficiaries have been paid stipend under Deen Dayal Divyangyan Sahayjya Asoni amounting to Rs138 cr. An outlay sum of Rs200 cr for these initiatives under Assam Budget 2019 is allocated.
- Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme is dedicated to Smt Indira Miri. I have allocated Rs136 cr in Assam Budget 2019 to cover 40,000 families under ‘Immediate Family Assistance Scheme’ & an estimated 2.4 Lakh widows under this scheme.
- We’re launching a new scheme under which any woman, upto age of 45 years, who loses her husband, will receive a lump sum amount of Rs 25,000 as Immediate Family Assistance which will support the family tide over the financial vacuum created by the loss of the bread earner
- Near 1100 families have benefited under Compassionate Family Pension Scheme & we feel extremely fortunate to have been able to wipe off tears of the families who lost their loved ones & pay our gratitude to those who have contributed to nation building.
- Central Govt is providing Old Age Pension for 7 lakh persons & I can proudly say that almost equal number of beneficiaries are being covered by state government. I am allocating Rs.250 cr for the scheme with commitment to provide more funds when new beneficiaries are identified – Himanta.
- We took several steps to ensure that in the evening of elderly’s lives, they do not face abuse & are never deprived of their dignity. We passed PRANAM Act, 2017 that laid down stringent directives to Govt employees for assurance of senior citizens’ security. – Himanta.
- Gyan Deepika – Education is a foundation on which towering aspirations of society are born. For free admission, we will enhance parental income level of Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh. We will also provide free textbooks to students up-to degree level from present level of Class XII – Himanta Biswa.
- Rs 25,000 immediate assistance to widows below 45 years.
Govt will give one tola gold, at about Rs 38,000 as on today, to brides belonging to all such communities of Assam where it is customary to provide gold at the time of wedding.
- Earmarking Rs 300 cr for Arundhati. Arundhati was wife of great sage Basistha and considered an epitome of chastity & conjugal bliss. For a father, there could be no greater joy than to see his daughter happily married with all the qualities and happiness that of Arundhati.
Benefit under Arundhati can be availed upon formal registration of marriages under Special Marriage (Assam) Rules, 1954 & will reach beneficiaries right in time for the social marriage. It will be limited to only economically weaker sections, whose ann income is below Rs 5 lakh.
Free text books will be given up to university level for children of families having annual income below Rs 2 lakh.
- New scheme will be launched where rice will be sold at Rs 1/kg; 53 lakh families to benefit: Sarma.
E-bike for students passing class XII state board in first division.
- We will cross Rs 70,000 crore in expenditure, a new mark in the state.
- Revenue earning has increased by 20% .
- CM Sarbananda Sonwal leads by example. He has a clear vision to develop Assam in all spheres. He truly believes that Assam is a state full of possibilities, & it can truly become prosperous if its potentialities are harnessed properly says Himanta.
- We formed this Govt in 2016, under the leadership of our dynamic CM Sarbananda Sonowal. Since then our mandate is clear – we want to create a new Assam where each & every citizen can be secure, can live his/her life with dignity & can prosper.
- Each of the proposals of Assam Budget 2019 is in consonance with philosophy of Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah, the greater well-being of people of this great State Assam.
- Assam Budget 2019 is dedicated to each of 3 cr & 30 lakhs population of our state, their happiness health & positivity, and that no one suffers from the grief says Dr Sarma while giving speech.
- FM bow before Almighty & invoke blessings of One God & Eternal Truth of Universe which is at heart of Indian age old tradition. He pays obeisance to eternal philosophy of Dharma that upholds & ultimately leads humanity to exalted heights of worldly & spiritual glory.
- With salutation from the Gunamala & bowing my head in naman to Mahapurush Srimanta Sankardev, I stand before you all to present the Annual Financial Statement encompassing all Receipts & Expenditure for 2019-20.
- Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma started Assam Budget 2019 speech by saying: ‘Itu Bitupon, Dharma Sanatan Aakexe Kirtan, Kore Sdhujon’ Magnificent and sublime is the eternal faith which inspires the noble man to sing to the holy tune!