The state government of Assam has issued guidelines for Unlock 3 to be started on August 1. However, Assam will not follow the entire guidelines issued by the Center from tomorrow but will go for partial implementation to keep the COVID-19 situation under control.
The General Administration Department has issued certain guidelines to follow from August 1. The guidelines are as follows:
- Face Covering: Wearing of face mask is compulsory in public places, in workplaces and during travel in transport
- Social Distancing: Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet in public areas
- Gatherings: Large Public gatherings/congregations in marriage, funeral etc. continue to remain prohibited. However, in marriage guests should not exceed 50 numbers and in funerals, only 20 people could attend
- Spitting in Public Places will be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed by the State/UT, local authority in accordance with its laws, rules and regulations
- Consumption of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco etc. in public places is prohibited
- Staggering of work/business hours will be followed in all establishments
- Screening and Hygiene: Provision for thermal scanning, hand wash or sanitizer will be made at all entry points and of hand wash or sanitize at exit points and common areas
- Frequent sanitization of entire workplace, common facilities and all points which come into human contact will be ensured, including between shifts
- Social Distancing: All persons in charge of work places will ensure adequate distance between workers, adequate gaps between shifts, staggering the lunch breaks of staffs etc.