In a shocking incident, one of the inmates of Baghjan Relief Camp who had earlier lost his home and property to the fire has reportedly died of consuming poison today.
Identified as Sukleshwar Neog, the person was reportedly aggrieved and distraught over Oil India Limited (OIL) not determining the compensation for the people affected by the Baghjan Fire.
He was also upset that he couldn’t head back to his home, as the blaze was yet to get doused.
After he consumed the poison in the morning, he was rushed to Assam Medical College and Hospitals (AMCH).
He breathed his last at around 3:30 pm at AMCH.