Every year, lakhs of candidates appear for JEE Advanced in the hope of securing a seat for a UG degree in any one of the 23 IITs. For clearing this exam, candidates require an in-depth knowledge of the concepts and their application. Also, they need smart ways to retain the topics in their memory.
While preparing for JEE Advanced exam, you not only have to put in hours of hard work but also ensure that you study from the right sources. For that, you will need a list of the books of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, which will aid you in your preparation.
Without further ado, go through the list of the best books for JEE Advanced given below and get started with your preparation:
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma: Every JEE aspirant needs to have both the volumes of Concepts of Physics with him/her. These two volumes not only explain the theoretical concepts of the most important topics such as Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Modern Physics, and Optics but these books also have a plethora of solved examples from where students can know the techniques of solving the questions. The unsolved exercises at the end of each chapter ensure that students get enough practice.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker: The description of the physical principles in this book is what makes this book stand out in the crowd. All the topics have been covered by well supported mathematical derivation of the equations concerned. Inclusion of laboratory experiments to describe the topics is an added plus point of this book.
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov: The content of this book has been divided into six parts. This book gives a clear understanding of the topics. But as the topics have been explained at considerable length, it is advised that you read this book in your free time to get that extra insight into a particular topic.
- Cengage by B.K.Sharma: If you are looking for such a book which covers theory as well as problems, this is the ideal book. The theoretical part has been covered with lucid examples to keep the readers engaged throughout the entire topic. Also, ample solved examples and unsolved problems have been provided for practice.
- Understanding Physics by D. C. Pandey: These books come in a set of five, which include Volume 1 and Volume 2 Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Waves and Thermodynamics, and Optics and Modern Physics. All the books in the series contain a detailed explanation of the topic as well as of the numerical problems.
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee: This book is apt for those who are looking to study Organic Chemistry in detail. Proper reasoning and experiments have backed the theoretical concepts presented in this book.
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd: This book is considered to be the best book of Organic Chemistry, and therefore, it cannot be given a miss if you are preparing for JEE. The book starts with the explanation of the fundamental topics of Organic Chemistry and proceeds on to the Chemistry of the functional groups, applications of Organic Chemistry, Biomolecules, and Biochemistry.
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee: The concept of the mole has been used as a tool to solve the numerical topics. There are many tricks in the book, which will help the students to tackle the numerical questions asked in the examination.
- Physical Chemistry by Ira Levine: This book provides students with a clear approach towards the fundamentals of Physical Chemistry. The step by step derivations and the easy to follow explanation of the theoretical topics makes this book a favourite of the students.
- Organic Chemistry by O.P.Tandon: The content of the book has been revised in such a way that students find the subject matter simpler and easy to understand. The addition of MCQs, match the following questions, and assertion questions help students in practising such questions which are important from the examination perspective.
- Maths class 11 and 12 by R D Sharma: These two volumes are essential books not only for the preparation of school syllabus but also help students in getting an understanding of the topics which are asked in the examination. RD Sharma solutions will help in preparing the important topics steps-by-step.
- Trigonometry Volume 1 and 2 by S. L. Loney: It is one of the popular books on Trigonometry. The coverage on heights and distances and inverse trigonometric functions are the best parts of this book. There are ample numerical questions in this book, the answers of which have been provided at the end.
- Coordinate Geometry by S. L. Loney: If you want to build your concepts in Coordinate Geometry, this is the apt book. The combination of basic questions as well as standard problems makes this book perfect for JEE preparation.
- Wiley Problems in Mathematics for JEE: The complete course of Mathematics required for JEE Advanced has been covered in this book, with careful attention to all the minute concepts, so that students can get a better understanding of the topics.
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight: It is one of its kinds of a book which plays a vital role in building the concepts of Algebra from scratch. The book contains 35 chapters, which have been subdivided into a number of subtopics.
The choice of the right books can help you fight the battle of JEE and emerge victorious. With this comprehensive list of the best books to prepare for JEE advanced, you are all set to begin your preparation.
We wish you all the very best in your endeavours!