The Assam BJP has finalized a panel of candidates from 10 Lok Sabha constituencies for the Lok Sabha elections. The decision was taken during a meeting at Assam BJP president Ranjeet Kumar Dass’ residence, where top party leaders including Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal and Himanta Biswa Sarma were present.
The names of possible candidates from each of the 10 constituencies are:
- Dibrugarh: Rameshwar Teli and Pulak Gohain
- Jorhat: Tapan Gogoi, Kamakhya Prasad Tasa, Lakhya Konwar, Shantanu Gogoi
- Lakhimpur: Pradan Baruah and Haren Deori
- Tezpur: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Nagaon: Rupak Sharma, Rajen Gohain, Angoorlata Deka
- Guwahati: Bijiya Chakrabarty, Bijuli Kalita Medhi, Queen Ozha, Rupam Goswami
- Mangaldoi: Ramen Deka, Dilip Saikia and Jayanta Malla Baruah
- Diphu: Horen Singh Bey, Bidya Singh Ingleng and wife of Tuliram Ronghang
- Silchar: Rajdeep Roy, Parimal Suklabadya
- Karimganj: Kripanath Malla and Amaresh Roy
Meanwhile, Ranjeet Dass informed media that the list of candidates for the Lok Sabha Polls will be announced on March 16.