It is almost confirm that the much debated Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2016 will not be passed in the Rajya Sabha in this session of parliament as the Bill has not been included in the final list of agenda of the Upper House.
Following an all party meeting on Friday, it was decided that the Bill would not be taken up for consideration and passing in the Rajya Sabha during the ongoing Budget Session.
The following Ordinances and Bills would be taken up in Rajya Sabha during this Session:
- The Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019
- The Companies (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019
- The Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2018
- The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Bill, 2018
- The Whistle Blowers Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2015 as passed by Lok Sabha
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019