The Assam Cabinet led by Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Tuesday took several decisions.
Here’s the list of the decisions taken during the Cabinet meeting on Tuesday:
- 1. The holiday list of the Assam government for the calendar year 2020 was presented and approved during a cabinet meeting. Apart from the 35 official holidays, there are 31 restricted holidays for the year 2020.
- 2. The Cabinet made mandatory for all the factories and industries to keep sanitary pads for the working women at the factory/industry.
- 3. The Cabinet approved Finance Autonomy to Veterinary Farmers policy.
- 4. The Cabinet approved Pig breeding policy.
- 5. The Cabinet approved Goatery Farming policy.
- 6. The Cabinet approved Assam Bamboo and Cane policy.
- 7. The Cabinet approved the development of tissue culture at the Rain Forest Research Institute situated at Jorhat.
- 8. The Cabinet took the decision of Bamboo production through tissue culture at Krishi Vigyan Kendra and Forest Nursery.