Extensive Covid Vaccination Drive from June 21: Keshab Mahanta
The Minister shared the information in a series of tweets where he mentioned the details regarding the same.
Health Minister Keshab Mahanta wrote in his tweet, “Assam is going to conduct Extensive COVID19 #VaccinationDrive from June 21. Today, HCM
& Myself briefed all the DCs, SPs, & Jt. Directors of Health Services of the districts through a Video Conference to accelerate the process and make the drive a successful one.1/3.”
He also added important points in concern with the vaccination drive as follows-
- After June 20, there will be only one age group, i.e.18+, and all are eligible for free Vaccination.
- Timings of vaccination camp in: i) Rural areas: 8 am to 1 pm
- ii) Guwahati and other Town areas: 8 am to 1 pm (1st shift) 2 pm to 8 pm (2nd shift) 2/3
- Daily target is to vaccinate 3 lakh people
- From June 21 to 30, the Dist. Guardian Ministers & Guardian Secretaries have to monitor the VaccinationDrive by camping at their respective dists
- Rs.100 will be given daily to each member of the vaccination teams as allowance.3/3
Earlier, the State Health Minister Keshav Mahanta also stated that Assam has received 2 lakh doses of #COVISHIELD & 30,000 doses of #COVAXIN today for the age group 45 years & above.