- The first wave of flood in Assam has claimed seven lives so far in the State.
- Altogether three districts – Goalpara, Nagaon, and Hojai – were reeling under flood affecting 2,52,150 people and 25,044 hectares of croplands. In these districts, 293 villages or localities under seven revenue circles were affected by the flood.
- At present, 10,249 flood-affected people are taking shelter in 63 relief camps.
- Flood-triggered erosion was reported in a number of locations in Dibrugarh and Udalguri districts.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal instructed the ASDMA officials to efficiently use technology for issuing early warning of natural calamities to minimise damage of lives and property.
You might also like