A massive fire erupted at North Tripura’s Damcherra village on Sunday gutting at least four shops to the ground.
As per reports, the cause of the fire is suspected to be short circuit.
Firefighters reached the spot after locals alerted them but was too late as the shops were already destroyed.
Damcherra village is located about 170kms from the capital city of Agartala.
The affected shopkeepers say goods worth Rs 14 lakh were lost in the unprecedented fire.
Meanwhile, police arrived at the scene and conducted an investigation into the fire.
Financial aid has also been provided by Damcherra administration for the affected shopkeepers.