Former Chief Minister of Assam late Tarun Gogoi has been conferred the prestigious ‘Padma Bhushan’ posthumously for distinguished service of high order in the field of public affairs.
Padma Awards – one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, are conferred in three categories namely – Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Shri by the President of India.
Along with Gogoi, 13 more personalities from the north-east region were awarded ‘Padma Shri’ for this year.
Below is the list of awardees –
- Ms. Lakhimi Baruah – Social Work
- Shri Gopiram Bargayn Burabhakat- Art
- Ms. Bijoya Chakravarty – Public Affairs
- Shri Mangal Singh Hazowary – Literature and Education
- Shri Dulal Manki – Art
- Ms. Birubala Rabha – Social Work
- Shri Roman Sarmah – Literature and Education, Journalism
- Shri Imran Shah – Literature and Education
- Ms. Anshu Jamsenpa – Sports
- Ms. Radhe Devi – Art
- Shri Rewben Mashangva – Art
- Ms. Sangkhumi Bualchhuak Social Work
- Shri Nanadro B Marak Others- Agriculture