Govt To Set UP Inquiry into Janata Bhawan Fire: Assam CS
Assam Chief Secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna on Wednesday confessed that the fire that occurred at Janata Bhawan on Tuesday was due to the negligence of the employees. He said that the government will set up an inquiry into the incident.
A fire broke out in the ground floor of B-Block in the Assam Secretariat on Tuesday. The reason of the fire was said to be the short-circuit. “Nothing to worry, there is no big fire in Secretariat. Someone left the fan on in block-B and that led to heat and small fire which was immediately doused. No loss !” the chief secretary tweeted minutes after the fire.
Talking about the lockdown, the chief secretary said that there will be a discussion before Saturday whether it will be extended or not. It will be decided in the meeting regarding the lockdown extension in Guwahati and thereafter, it will be made public.