The final National Register of Citizens (NRC) will be published on August 31st, 2019. Ahead of its publication, the State coordinator of NRC, Prateek Hajela on Tuesday issued a notification on how to check the names in the list.
Here’s how to check names in the final NRC:
Public would be able to view the results of Final NRC as follows:
- Those persons:
- who submitted Claim as they were (i) not included in Complete Draft (published on July 30th, 2018) or (ii) excluded by Additional Draft Exclusions List published on June 26th, 2019 or
- had any objection filed against their inclusion –
can see their status of inclusion in Supplementary Inclusions List by visiting their designated NSK/Office of Circle Officers /Office of Deputy Commissioners. The list will only be a list of Supplementary List of Inclusions.
- Public can also check their status online’ by typing their ARN.
2. Those persons who were included in Complete Draft (published on July 30th, 2018) or ii.) Not excluded by Additional Draft Exclusions List published on June 26th, 2019 but –
- Were called for hearings held from July 5th, 2019 onwards can also check for their status as at 1 above.
- Were NOT called for any hearings held from July 5th, 2019 onwards need not worry about their inclusion status. They continue to be included in Final NRC.