The Kamrup (M) District Administration has come up with a few relaxations in lockdown from July 5 to July 12, after a strict period of lockdown in the first week. This was informed by Assam Chief Secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna through his twitter handle.
The Chief Secretary in his tweet said, “Certain relaxations are being given for the period 5th July to 12th July 2020 for convenience of the public in Kamrup Metropolitan District. People are requested to observe all COVID 19 rules and regulations.”
Here are the lockdown relaxations given by the State Government:
1. Grocery shops are allowed to operate between 11 AM and 4 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays (6 & 8 July, 2020). However, Deputy Commissioner shall issue requisite directives to ensure that only 20% of all shops are allowed to open on any given day.
2. Whole sellers of grocery items are allowed to replenish stocks of retailers on Sunday (5 July, 2020) and Tuesday (7 July, 2020) between 3 PM and 6 PM. No retail sale is allowed in this period.
3. Activities relating to essential items supply from and to FCI establishments shall be allowed to operate.
4. House to house sale of fruits and vegetables shall be allowed between 8 AM and 2 PM on Monday and Wednesday (6 & 8 July, 2020).
5. Activities relating to wholesale distribution of medicines and medical equipment shall be allowed between 10 AM and 3 PM only on Monday and Wednesday (6 & 8 July, 2020).
6. Veterinary clinics, veterinary medicine shops are allowed to operate on all days between 10 AM and 4 PM. Feed shops are allowed to operate on Monday (6 July, 2020) and Wednesday (8 July, 2020).
7. E-commerce distribution activities are allowed between 11 AM and 4 PM on Friday (10 July, 2020) only.
8. Post Offices and Life Insurance Corporation offices are allowed to operate with only 10% of total employee strength and only 10 % of total branches; no roadside vending of any fruit, vegetable, fish etc will be allowed.