On the most high-profile LS seat in Assam, Guwahati where a total of 17 candidates are in fray, which has earlier been represented by veteran BJP lawmaker Bijoya Chakravarty.
According to official information from the returning officer’s office, now a total of 17 candidates are in fray on this prestigious seat. Election commission said that wherever the number of candidates has exceeded 15, two or more as the case may be balloting units of the EVM would be used on each of the booths. This way two balloting units would be used for polling in Guwahati LS constituency where the election would be held on April 23.
Commission said that there was provision for 16 candidates (including NOTA) in a Balloting Unit. If the total number of candidates exceeds 15, more balloting units were attached.
The nominees for Gauhati Lok Sabha seat are:
1. Sadek Ali – Independent
2. Shankha Sinha – Independent
3. Utpal Buragohain – Independent
4. Alimuddin Ahmed – Independent
5. Rubi Neog – Independent
6. Mamoni Sharma – Purvanchal Janata Party (Secular)
7. Manoj Sharma – TMC
8. Bobbeeta Sharma – INC
9. Queen Oja – BJP
10. Dr. Avijit Chakraborty – Bharatiya Gana Parishad
11. Pankaj Das – Swarna Bharat Party
12. Junmoni Devi Khaund – Independent
13. Upamanyu Hazarika – Independent
14. Dr. Faruk Ahmed Bhuyan – Independent
15. Rajib Kakati – Hindustan Nirman Dal
16. Partha Pratim Baruah – VPI
17. Ratul Kumar Choudhury – Samajwadi Party