AGP president Atul Bora on Friday denied commenting on the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill issue saying, “There is nothing new to tell about the issue, as Himanta Biswa has already spoken on the matter.” Leaders of AGP and BJP were addressing a joint press conference at Assam BJP office in Hengrabari on their alliance for the coming Lok Sabha Election.
Here are what the leaders said:
- We have come here following BJP’s invitation.
- There is nothing new in AGP-BJP alliance. Earlier, we were in alliance in 2001, 2009 and in 2016.
- We have identified the main enemy of the people of Assam.
- We might have different principles, but we have to resolve them through discussions.
- We once again want Narendra Modi as our Prime Minister.
Himanta Biswa Sarma:
- There was a primary discussion regarding the alliance with Ram Madhav.
- We will take decisions on seat sharing in a meeting tomorrow.
- Amit Shah will meet AGP tomorrow to discuss about seat sharing.
- We will organise joint political rallies in different parts of the State.
Ranjeet Kumar Dass:
- We are now sure of winning 12 seats in Assam.
- This alliance is like a rainbow.
- I will be flying to Delhi today to finalize the candidates of BJP.
- BJP parliamentary committee will finalize the list of candidates tomorrow.