Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal today visited Baghjan in Tinsukia with Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and assessed the damages wrought by gas well blow out incident there.
He also took stock of the control measures being carried out by foreign experts and other specialists of OIL and other agencies and progress made by them.
Suggested announcements by CM and Union Petroleum Minister at Baghjan:
1) Maximum compensation to all affected families after damage assessment.
2) One model hospital in the area.
3) A veterinary hospital.
4) A model higher secondary school.
5) Development of roads in the area.
6) A permanent structure to arrest the erosion problems in the area.
6) Making Maguri-Motapung Beel into an international tourist destination.
7) Portable water supply scheme for the area.
8) Promotion of self-help groups of women and youth.
9) Skill development of youth.
10) A weaving center with all modern infrastructures and detailed plan will be prepared by the district administration in consultation with affected people. Funds will be provided by the Government of Assam and OIL.