01. #Examsincovidasuicide: Students Urge UGC To Scrap Exams
Students pursuing higher education opposing the UGC’s declaration have taken it to social media launching the campaign #ExamsInCovidASuicide in a bid to urge UGC to cancel the exams due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
02. Uttarakhand Cloudburst: 3 Dead, 9 Missing
In a tragic calamity, three people were killed and as many as nine are missing due to a cloud burst in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand, reported several dailies.
03. Dispur MLA Atul Bora tests COVID19 +
BJP leader and Dispur MLA Atul Bora on Monday tested positive for coronavirus infection.
04. Elephant Dies Of Electrocution
A wild elephant was found dead on Monday at the roadside at the Indo-Bhutan border in Baksa. The elephant is suspected to be dead due to electrocution in the eastern part of Goirari in Daorajhar.
05. COVID-19: UK Orders 90 Million Vaccine Doses
The United Kingdom has signed agreements to purchase 90 million doses of vaccines developed by drug companies such as Pfizer Inc., BioNTech SE, and Valneva SE.
06. Assam: Raj Bhavan Records 70 COVID-19+ Cases
70 staff of Raj Bhavan in Guwahati city has been infected with the coronavirus infection so far.
07. Assam: Another Cop Dies Of COVID-19
Assam loses another coronavirus infected victim on Monday. Assam Police informed on twitter that NK Rajesh Narzary of 9th APBn succumbed to the disease today.
08. India’s COVID Case-Fatality Rate Drops Below 2.46%
In a recent development on Monday, the ministry of health and family welfare stated, the case fatality rate in the country continues to register a steady downfall and has dropped to 2.46%.
09. Arunachal: 90 Fresh COVID-19 Cases Recorded
The Arunachal Pradesh health department informed the state’s coronavirus tally has climbed to 740 after 90 new cases have been recorded on Monday.
10. Rangiya: 2 Journalists Injured In Road Accident
Two journalists on Monday have been severely wounded in a road accident at Milanpur of Rangiya in Kamrup Rural district.
11. Covid-19 Golaghat: Community Transmission In Civil Hospital
Community transmission has started in Golaghat’s Shahid Kushal Konwar Civil Hospital. 3 patients of the hospital have tested COVID-19 positive of late.
12. GMCH Home Guard Thrashes Person Who Questions His Negligence
In a shocking and gruesome incident, a person named Rajesh Chetri was violently thrashed by a Home Guard at Guwahati Medical College and Hospitals (GMCH) today. Chetri reportedly sustained severe head injuries.
13. Journalist In Sivasagar Threatened By Drug Peddler
A Sivasagar-based journalist has been threatened by a drug peddler named Tafique Shah for exposing the latter’s illegal business.
14. Covid-19 Assam: Jorhat Unlock To Begin From Thursday
Jorhat, one of the worst affected Assam districts in this ongoing pandemic, will end its lockdown soon. It will begin its ‘unlock’ process from Thursday, that is July 23.
15. ICC T20 Cricket World Cup Postponed Due To Pandemic
Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, ICC has postponed the Men’s T20 Cricket World Cup, scheduled to be held from October 19 to November 15, 2020 in Australia.