1. Congress To Start All-India Protests Against Farm Bills
Indian National Congress has reportedly decided to launch a nationwide agitation against the passage of two of these bills from September 24.
2. Amid COVID, Rajasthan HC To Hear Only Urgent Cases
In a bid to contain the spread of COVID-19 pandemic in the state, Rajasthan High Court has decided to take up only urgent cases. Moreover, the cases would be heard through video conferencing.
3. Person Dies After Being Hit By Truck In Teok
Identified as Romu Das, he died when being hit by a truck in front of the Kaliyapani Petrol Pump.
4. Amid Border Row, Indian Army Occupies Major Hills
In a development that would reportedly give the Indian side an edge over the Chinese army, Indian Army has managed to gain control of six new major hill features along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) during the ongoing face-off between the two sides in Eastern Ladakh.
5. “Govt Used Clause 6 As Political Weapon” – Lurin
Reacting to the aforementioned development, he termed the government insensitive, besides saying that the state government used the issue of the 6th clause as a political weapon.
6. 125 Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found In China
In a sensational development, two perfectly preserved fossils of a new 125 million-year-old dinosaur species were discovered in China.
7. “288 Manual Scavengers Died In Last 3 Yrs” – Ministry
In a development that shows how rampant is the evil of manual scavenging in the country, Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry informed on Monday that 288 people have died in the country while cleaning sewers or septic tanks during the last three years.
8. Direct Ferry Service Launched Between India And Maldives
A day after India provided a 10-year soft loan of 250 million US dollars to Maldives to help the latter to mitigate the devastating impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, both the countries on Monday launched a ferry service connecting Tuticorin and Cochin ports in India with Male.
9. Amid Bills Row, Kangna Calls Farmers “Terrorists”
Kangna Ranaut seems to have become the queen of controversies. In yet another below-the-belt remark, she ended up labeling the farmers of Punjab who are protesting against the alleged anti-farm bills that were passed in Rajya Sabha on Sunday as “terrorists”.
10. COVID Patients Rescued As ICU Catches Fire
Around 127 COVID-19 patients had a close shave after a fire broke out at the ICU of the hospital they were admitted in.
11. Two Women Officers To Operate Helicopters For Indian Navy
Two women have created history by becoming the first to be deployed on Indian Navy warships as part of the ship’s crew. They have been selected to join as ‘Observers’ (Airborne Tacticians) in the Indian Navy’s helicopter stream, paving the way for women in frontline warships.
12. Assam: 350 Foreigners Released due to COVID-19 Outbreak
Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai on Monday said that 350 declared foreigners in different detention centers in Assam have been released on bail from April 13 till date during the coronavirus pandemic.
13. UP: Pilot Dies In Plane Crash, Three Other Parachute Out
In an unfortunate incident on Monday morning, a pilot was killed when his trainer aircraft carrying 3 other people crashed near Kushwapurawa village of Azamgarh district in Uttar Pradesh.
14. Kamakhya Temple To Reopen from Sept 24
The Kamakhya Temple will reopen for devotees from September 24, the Kamrup (Metro) district administration informed on Monday.
15. Directors Of Ghaziabad Bank Alleged Of Rs 100 Cr Scam
A total of 24 directors of Ghaziabad’s now defuct Mahamedha Cooperative Bank have been charged for allegedly scam of around Rs 100 Crore.