01. Tinsukia DC Tests Covid-19 Positive
DC Of Tinsukia District Bhaskar Pegu has tested positive for COVID-19 today. Earlier in the day, he had distributed cheques among the victims of Baghjan fire in the presence of MLA Sanjay Kishan, SP Shiladitya Chetia and officials of OIL.
02. Covid-19 Nalbari: 45 Test Positive Today
Nalbari district has been adversely affected by the pandemic. 45 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Nalbari district on Saturday.
03. Flood-Affected Hajo People Protest Over Lack Of Relief Material
People from several Hajo villages staged a protest today in front of Office of the Circle Officer of Hajo over not getting flood relief from the government.
04. Guwahati Unlock 1.0 Announced For 2 Weeks
After facing lockdown for around two weeks, Guwahati finally can heave a sigh of relief. Relaxations have been announced for two weeks.
05. Baghjan: Not Being Compensated By Oil, Man Consumes Poison
Identified as Sukleshwar Neog, the person was reportedly aggrieved and distraught over Oil India Limited (OIL) not determining the compensation for the people affected by the Baghjan Fire.
06. No New Appointments Till Covid-19 Situation Improves: Himanta
Assam Health and Family Welfare Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Saturday said that there will be no new appointment in the state until and unless the coronavirus pandemic gets over.
07. Dhubri: Minor Fire At Quarantine Centre
A fire broke out at a quarantine centre on Saturday in Chapar Rajah Chakra area of Dhubri district in Assam.
08. Dehing Patkai: CM Sets Up One-Man Inquiry Commission
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has constituted a one-man inquiry commission to investigate into the allegations of illegal coal mining and destruction of biodiversity in Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary.
09. Relief Materials Yet To Reach Home-Quarantined Persons
Amid the ongoing lockdown imposed in Halflong of Dima Hasao district of Assam, home-quarantined persons are yet to receive any relief materials from the concerned administration.
10. The Nation Stands With Assam Flood Victims: Rahul Gandhi
Congress leader con Saturday said that the entire nation is with the people of Assam who are fighting against the devastating flood. He also lauded the people of the state for their self-determination in the fight against the floods.
11. Heavy Rainfall To Intensify Flood Crisis: IMD
Amid the devastating flood situation in Assam, the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has now predicted an intense rainfall spell over Northern and Northeastern parts of the nation from July 18 to July 21.
12. IITs Relax Admission Criteria
In a relief to the passed out class 12 students of the country this year, the admission criteria for Indian Institutes of Technology, or IITs, have been relaxed, announced the Union Minister of Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
13. Mumbai: COVID-19 Positive Woman Raped In Quarantine Centre
A 40-year-old woman infected with coronavirus was allegedly sexually assaulted at a quarantine centre in Mumbai by another inmate.
14. Covid-19: 377 Assam Police Personnel Recovered
The Assam Police informed as of Friday evening a total of 788 personnel have tested positive for the coronavirus infection, out of which 377 corona warriors have recovered so far.
15. Ram Mandir Trust To Hold First Meet In Ayodhya
The Ram Mandir Trust, set up on the Supreme Court’s directions to manage the construction of a temple for Lord Ram in Ayodhya, was supposed to meet on Saturday.