1. Srinagar Airport Installs Latest System To Increase Security
To further check the problem of insurgency and terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir, the inline baggage screening system (ILBS) was installed at the Srinagar international airport on Sunday.
2. Poison Addressed To Trump Originated In Canada
The letter containing the poison Ricin that was sent to the White House originated in Canada, Canadian law enforcement has reportedly said.
3. Indian Workers Begging In Saudi Arabia
In a sad turn of events, 450 Indian workers working in Saudi Arabia were reportedly put in detention centres after they were found begging on the streets following the expiry of their work permits.
4. Pakistan Denies Visa To Indian Diplomat
In yet another blow to the Indo-Pak bilateral ties, Pakistan denied granting visa to diplomat Jayant Khobragade today, reportedly on the grounds of seniority.
5. COVID-19: Tripura’s Death Rate Highest In NE
Tripura has the highest COVID-19 death rate in the NE region. Out of the state’s total infected tally of 21,507, 239 have succumbed to the contagion. The state’s positivity rate stood at 6.09% compared to the national positivity rate (8.01%).
6. CM Sonowal Orders Probe Into SI Paper Leak
CM Sarbananda Sonowal has strictly ordered Assam DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta to conduct a thorough probe into the matter involving the leak of the question paper of a SI recruitment examination and punish the perpetrators.
7. Boko: Three Die As Train Smashes Car
In a tragic development, two women and a man lost their lives when their Wagon R car was run into by a train at Nadhiyapara in Boko today. The accident also caused serious injuries to a kid.
8. TCS Sets up 11 COVID-19 Isolation Centers for Staff
India’s largest software services firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has set up 11 first-line COVID-19 isolation centers within its premises in various cities in India, including Mumbai, Indore, and Nagpur.
9. Taj Mahal To Reopen After 6 Months From Sept 21
The 17th-century monument of love, the Taj Mahal, and the Agra Fort, are all set to reopen from September 21, after an unprecedented closure of six months, due to Covid-19 pandemic.
10. 32,238 Paramilitary Personnel Infected with COVID-19
The government on Sunday said a total of 32,238 paramilitary personnel were infected by COVID-19 so far in the country.
11. Maharashtra: 106-Year Old Woman Defeats Covid-19
A 106-year old woman from Thane district of Maharashtra was discharged from hospital on Sunday after defeating Covid-19. She was in the hospital for 10 days.
12. Leopard Kills 7-Year Old Girl In Uttarakhand
A 7-year old girl was mauled to death by a leopard in Almora district of Uttarakhand.
13. AJP Officially Opens New Party Office
Assam Jatiya Parishad (AJP) on Sunday officially opened their new office at Lamb road in Ambari, Guwahati.
14. Congress Demands To regulate School Fees in RS
Congress MP Rajamani Patel on Sunday raised the issue of private school fees in the Rajya Sabha demanding to regulate the fees adding that the schools also charged high rates for books and dresses.
15. UN General Assembly To Be Held Virtually, First Time In 75 Years
For the first time in the UN’s 75-year history, the General Assembly of the UN will be held virtually starting from September 21 through September 29, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.