Now, any organisation or person can voice their opinion on the matter of implementation of the Assam Accord (AA) Clause 6.
These views can be expressed to the AA Clause 6 Implementation Committee on or before September 20 at the office situated in Khanapara’s Farm Gate.
Opinions can also be sent to the following emails:
The committee has sought opinion on the following matters:
- Reservation of seats for the indigenous people in Parliament
- Reservation of seats for the indigenous people in Legislative Assembly
- Provision of reservation of seats for the indigenous in State-run corporations
- Security of Assamese and other indigenous languages
- Reservation in employment in any office of Assam
- Security of land rights of the indigenous
- Cultural, Social, Linguistic identity and extent of historic conservation