With the phase-II of Lok Sabha Elections on, five parliamentary constituencies of Assam, which are Karimganj, Silchar, Autonomous District, Mangaldoi and Nowgong have gone polling.
For a citizen to vote a huge procedure comes to play, where various bodies come together and cooperate for smooth and fair polling.
Here are few of the details of the part of the procedure at play for the first phase of the Lok Sabha Elections that has begun from 7 AM today.
- There are total 8992 Polling Stations (PS)
- A total of 35,968 polling personnel have been deployed at various PS
- 169 Coys of Security personnel have been deployed in various PS
- A minimum of one constable has been deployed in every PS
- 544 Micro Observers have been deployed for Phase-II
- 137 Flying Squad Team (FST) have been deployed for Phase-II elections
- 127 Static Surveillance Team (SST) have been set up
- There are 118 Video Surveillance Team (VST)
- A total of 8992 sets of EVMs and VVPATs will be used for elections