Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the people of West Bengal virtually at the onset of the biggest festival of the state Durga Puja on Maha Shashti.
On Wednesday evening, the prime minister had tweeted: “Durga Puja is an auspicious occasion, which celebrates the victory of good over evil. We pray to Maa Durga to bless us with strength, happiness and good health.”
“Sisters and brothers of West Bengal, tomorrow, on the auspicious day of Maa Durga Pujo’s Mahashashti, I would join the Divine celebrations via video conferencing and shall also be extending my greetings to everyone. Do join the programmes live,” he tweeted subsequently.
West Bengal BJP has arranged for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s live streaming to the state’s people as part of his strategy of public relations during festivals.
Key Highlights Of The Prime Minister’s Speech:
- PM Modi wishes the people of Bengal on the occasion of Durga Puja in Bangla. He stressed it is a festival of unity and strength and reflects the traditions and culture of Bengal. “Durga Puja is Bengal’s awakened consciousness, spirituality, and heritage,” he said.
- The Prime Minister said whenever the need was felt in India’s history, Bengal has always led the way for India and showed the path. Listing Bengali freedom fighters, writers, artists, and others, he said: “If I continue to take names of such Bengalis, we will come to the end of the day, but the names shall continue.”
- The mission to empower women is underway at a rapid pace in India, PM Modi said.
- The prime minister stressed on meeting the objective of ‘Sonar Bangla’ through Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- PM Modi said Rs 8,500 crore has been approved for Kolkata’s East-West Metro.
- West Bengal has to play a significant role in ‘Purvodaya’, PM Modi asserted.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, around 30 lakh houses have been built for the poor, PM Modi claimed.