Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in his address to the nation, assured that the situation in Jammu And Kashmir will soon return to normal and the election will be held.
PM Modi said that Jammu and Kashmir’s development is now centre’s responsibility.
The Prime Minister’s special broadcast on national television and radio comes as the state has been paralyzed by an unprecedented lockdown to prevent any backlash over the government’s move.
HIGHLIGHT of PM’ SPEECH
- People of Jammu and Kashmir and people of Ladakh were deprived of their rights
- He promised that polls would be held soon, Jammu & Kashmir will choose own representatives.
- The dreams of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, BR Ambedkar, Syama Prasad Mookerjee, Atal Bihari Vajpayee and crores of Indians have been fulfilled
- A new era in Jammu and Kashmir has started. Citizens now have equal rights and responsibilities. I congratulate people of the region and citizens
- Article 370 was harming the people and children of Jammu and Kashmir, and their loss was never discussed
- People didn’t even know the benefits that accrued due to Article 370
- Article 370 and Article 35A dragged Jammu and Kashmir towards terrorism, dynasty politics and graft
- This (Article 370) was being used as tool by Pakistan; nearly 42,000 people died over the last three decades
- Earlier, laws made by parliament didn’t benefit 1.5 crore people, Jammu and Kashmir never benefited from the country’s laws
- All central and state government posts would be filled in Jammu and Kashmir. This will lead to employment generation; Private firms would also be encouraged to generate employment opportunities