Following the aftermath of Karbi angling mob lynching, Assam police has strengthen its cyber crime unit to monitor every communal and racist comments spread through Social Media.
Due to this, 13 people from across Assam have been arrested for posting fake news or spreading hate messages after the Karbi Anglong incident.
The arrested people are:
- Dipak Khaund and Dibyajyoti Saikia from Biswanath Chariali
- Simanta Terang from Dibrugarh
- Bhabajyoti Deka, Ankur Nath and Mridupawan Muktir from Nagaon
- Bipul Paul from Guwahati
- Subhrajit Kashyap and Pradip Das from Mangaldoi
- Raktimraj Roy, Gourav Saha and Srikanta Saha from Sonitpur
- Bhupendra Terang a.k.a Edwinson Terang from Karbi Anglong