Amidst the running debate regarding the missing of Rebati Phukan (Member of the People’s Consultative Group (PCG), another sensational news has come to light.
“Rebati Phukan is no more. He was killed a couple of months ago” – sources said.
According to our sources, Phukan was killed by “Bhaiti” (Bhaskar Lopa Baruah alias Thom Asom).
BUT, WHO IS BHAITI ?
- ‘Bhaiti’ was a militant of banned outfit ULFA-I.
- ‘Bhaiti’ left ULFA-I along with five ULFA-I militants.
- Once, ‘Bhaiti’ was the Assistant Secretary of ULFA-I.
- ‘Bhaiti’ took Rs 1 Crore from Indian spy for providing ULFA-I’s internal information.
- ULFA-I had issued arrest warrant against ‘Bhaiti’ .
However, Assam DGP Kuladhar Saikia said “Still No Trace of Rebati Phukan”
It may be mentioned that a newspaper report claimed that Rebati Phukan has been appointed as the permanent General Secretary of ULFA (I) and as per the outfit’s norms, Phukan has taken an organisational name as Jyotisman Asom alias RP alias Agni.
This was followed by this afternoon in an email to Pratidin Time; United Liberation Front of Assam (Independent) had refuted the news of Rebati Phukan’s appointment as the General Secretary of the organisation.
Rebati Phukan has been working as a mediator between the Centre and separatist outfit United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) since 1991 to facilitate a peace dialogue, has gone missing since April 22