Priyanka Gandhi asked to exit Govt bungalow

REPRESENTATIONAL
72

The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs on Wednesday issued an order cancelling the official bungalow accommodation provided to the Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi in the Lutyens’ area in Delhi.

This follows the removal of the Special Protection Group (SPG) security cover provided to the Gandhi family last year.

Shortly after the notice, she also made an online payment to ensure that her dues were all paid,  said a news report.

“Consequent upon withdrawal of SPG protection and grant of Z+ security cover by Ministry of Home Affairs, which does not have provision for allotment/retention of government accommodation on security ground to you, the allotment of Type 6B house number 35, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi is hereby cancelled with effect from 01/07/2020,” said the ministry’s notice.

Priyanka Gandhi has been told that if she stays beyond August 1, she will have to pay a penalty.

You might also like
Comments
Loading...