The Congress president Rahul Gandhi has started campaign in Assam for coming Lok Sabha Election this afternoon; Gandhi had took potshots and attacked the BJP and RSS in his speech.
Delivering his speech in the massive rally, Gandhi said that “Over 150 people lost their lives in Assam by consuming illicit liquor. The growing ignorance of the BJP government in Assam is costing people their lives. Today, we remember the families of tea labourers who lost their lives and CRPF head constable Maneshwar Basumatari who was martyred in Pulwama terror attack.”
- “The main reason why North East is rioting today is due to Citizenship Amendment Bill, which is anti-North east. Congress party stopped it in Rajya Sabha. We stood with you when you needed us, we also ensure that no Indian will be left out of NRC”
- “Modi promised several things to Assam’s tea gardens and it’s labourers, but did nothing. We will ensure minimum wage to the tea labourers. I have fulfilled all my promises and I will fulfill this too. We introduced White Revolution, Green Revolution, IT Revolution and now Congress party has decided to take another historic step”
- “North East Industrial Policy was introduced to promote industries and create jobs in North East. BJP stole that away too. We will bring it back and open all the paper mills that were shut down”
- “Congress party had given Special Status to Assam. Narendra Modi, RSS, BJP took that away from Assam. When we come back to power, Special Status for Assam will be restored”
- “In North East, there is an attack by RSS on history, language and lifestyle. RSS ideology has destroyed all the North East states”
On the other hand, by promising citizenship to illegal immigrants through the Citizenship Amendment Bill, the BJP proves that it has no intent to execute NRC & Assam Accord and is only promoting it’s own vote bank politics in North East: Gandhi added.