Sonowal Cabinet: Here are the key decisions taken
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal chaired a Cabinet Meeting at Janata Bhawan, Guwahati on Monday evening.
Sonowal Cabinet meeting highlights :
- The Cabinet approved 25% increase in bus fares.
- The Cabinet approved the Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension scheme.
- All widows will get a monthly pension of Rs 300. Further, a one-time financial grant of Rs 25,000 will be provided to those widowed after April 1, 2019.
- The Cabinet passed the Export and Logistics Policy which provides 30% capital subsidy for setting up export and logistics infrastructure in the state.
- The policy also provides 20% subsidy on air freight of agri-horti products.
- The new Land Policy was passed by the Cabinet which provides 3 Bigha land for agriculture purposes and half Bigha land for homestead purposes to indigenous landless families.
- Rs 50,000 will also be provided to landless persons listed as PMAY beneficiary.
- In a major decision benefiting the common people, the Cabinet extended Atal Amrit Abhiyan to cover ICU packages, Trauma, Critical Care Paediatrics & Paediatric Surgery, Bone Marrow Transplantation, JE and AES.
- In a revolutionary move, the Cabinet approved Two Child norms and Prohibition of Child Marriage Act norms for entry and continuation in Govt. service.
- The Cabinet also approved 50% subsidy for investments in piggery, poultry, livestock, dairy and meat processing industries.