WATCH | Transformer catches fire in Guwahati

175

In an incident which could have proved to be fatal, a transformer of the PWD Office caught fire near Assam Engineering Institute in Chandmari on Sunday at around 9:45 pm.

According to witnesses, the transformer was on fire for around five minutes. There were shops below the place of fire and also there were high voltage wires in the area.

An unfortunate incident had been prevented from claiming lives yesterday. Although the electricity department officials did not reach the spot immediately, they cut off the power eventually.

In the video, people were also seen dangerously crossing the road and passing under the burning transformer.

Such negligence from the electricity department, which may have led to loss of innocent lives, have raised brows of concern.

You might also like
Comments
Loading...