Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has upgraded the facilities available presently at Kamakhya Railway station by adding more and more amenities for passenger. The station is being developed jointly with the Ministry of Tourism, Govt of India.
Among the facilities added are –
- 10 retiring rooms having free wifi, AC, TV etc for passengers have been constructed,
- A 10 bedded dormitory for male passenger having free wifi, AC, TV etc has been added.
- A 10 bedded dormitory for female passenger having free wifi, AC, TV etc has been added.
- A waiting hall having capacity to accommodate 120 passenger having Digital display system, mobile charging points, AC, free Wifi, separate Male / Female washrooms, Drinking water, TV and feedback system has been constructed.
- Additional seating arrangement has been provided in platforms.
- A Cafeteria has been added.
- Wall paintings by local artiste have been done to promote local culture.
- Construction of a Cloak room and renovation of water booths, toilets is under progress.