After the Assam Government announced the partial relaxation in lockdown in the orange and green zones, it seems that people got a chance to violate the lockdown amid the coronavirus outbreak.
On Tuesday morning, the GS road in Guwahati witnessed traffic jam and people were seen coming out of the house in their private cars violating the lockdown rules.
Although the state government has announced relaxation only in some sectors and activities, people have violated the entire lockdown and come to the streets. At the time when the government is fighting to curb the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak, it seems like the public is desperate to destroy the effort of the government.
Moreover, the transportation provided to the employees of the Assam Secretariat has violated the rules. The passengers have not maintained social distancing as the buses are overloaded.
The services which will come into force from April 21 are:
- E-commerce and digital economic activities will continue.
- Activities of all the units under the health department will continue.
- The machine shops and repair garages involved in agriculture activities will also remain open.
- Transportation of agriculture products will continue.
- Fishing, production of milk and milk-based products and their sale will continue, the chief secretary said.
- Activities of oil and natural gas will continue.
- However, all the educational institutes in the state will remain closed during the lockdown period.
- After April 20, the migrated workers will be allowed only once to move to one district to their work sites in another district.”