A bomb exploded near a major Sufi shrine in the Pakistani city of Lahore on Wednesday.
Hundreds of pilgrims were at the Data Darbar site as the country marks the holy month of Ramadan.
- The bomb exploded near security forces guarding the shrine.
- Lahore’s police chief said his officers were the intended target.
- At least eight people have been killed so far.
- Among the dead are police officers, a security guard and a civilian.
- No group has yet claimed responsibility.
Police vehicle targeted :
“It was an attack on police that left several dead and dozens of policemen and civilians injured. The target was police,” said Lahore police.