Finance Ministry has launched Mobile Application ‘Jan Dhan Darshak’ as a Part of Financial Inclusion. This App is set to provide guidance to the common people in locating a financial service touch point at a given location in the country.
Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance and National Informatics Centre (NIC) have jointly developed the app Jan Dhan Darshak as a part of financial inclusion initiative.
Jan Dhan Darshak app will be in a unique position to provide a citizen-centric platform for locating financial service touch points across all providers such as banks and post office.
“While locator apps are a common feature for many individual banks and financial service providers, in this era of inter-operable banking services, Jan Dhan Darshak app will be in a unique position to provide a citizen centric platform for locating financial service touch points across all providers such as banks, post office, CSC, etc. These services could be availed as per the needs and convenience of the common people,” an official release said.
How does the App help?
- Helps find nearby Financial touch points, based on current location
- Lets users search by place name
- Lets users search by place name and also is available with Voice Interface
- Phone number of bank branches are available in app, with the facility of call button for integrated dialing
- Users’ feedback will go directly to the concerned bank for carrying out the necessary updation in data on financial touch points.