Fire Breaks Out at Assam Secretariat

635

A fire broke out at the ground floor of the B block of Assam Secretariat on Tuesday evening. The fire has reportedly left many documents gutted. The reason behind the fire is suspected to be short circuit.

Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma rushed to the site to take stock of the situation. Many fire fighting vehicles were pressed into action to douse the flames.

Chief Secretary of Assam, Kumar Sanjay Krishna, within minutes of the incident, tweeted saying that there was nothing to worry. He added that the fire was the result of someone leaving the fan on in the B-block which eventually lead to heat and “small fire”. He also said that the fire was “immediately doused.”

Image from the site
Another image from the site
You might also like
Comments
Loading...