After facing lockdown for around two weeks, Guwahati finally can heave a sigh of relief.
This was suggested by Chief Secretary of Assam Kumar Sanjay Krishna at a press meet on Saturday. Addressing the media, he announced a few relaxations for Kamrup (Metro) that will be in force from July 18 7 pm for two weeks.
Given below are the relaxations announced –
- No inter-district travel from Wednesday
- Compulsory Wearing of Mask. Otherwise a fine of Rupees 1000 will be charged
- All pharmacies will be open from Monday
- City bus service will be closed
- From Monday, all shops will remain open
- 30% employees allowed in private and public offices
- Home delivery from restaurants allowed
- Gym, Swimming pool, Cinema Hall and Shopping Mall Closed
- Ola and Uber Services Will be Allowed
- E-commerce services will be allowed
- On a single day, only shops of one side to function
- Plumber and Electrician Services Allowed
- Curfew from 6PM to 6AM
- Restrictions on private vehicles
It is to be seen now whether the relaxations announced will help people get back to normalcy.
Here’s the complete official announcement of Unlock 1.0