Several key decisions were taken in the Cabinet meeting chaired by Sarbananda Sonowal held on Monday at the administrative staff college in Khanapara, Guwahati.
Highlights Of The Meeting:
- Bajali to become the 34th district of Assam. Ten officials have been appointed in the newly formed district and 85 new posts have been created for the functioning of the district administration.
- The cabinet has decided to increase 171 librarians’ remuneration and it will be Rs. 12000, while, assistant librarians would receive Rs. 9500.
- The cabinet resolved to constitute a committee for fee regulation of private schools.
- Fix places will be allotted for business operations for street vendors under the Street Vendor Act and a survey will be conducted for this purpose.
- A notification has been issued for the extended date of the Value Added Tax return as per the Assam VAT Act.
- 688 buses will be operational under Assam State Transport Corporation out of which 233 buses will run in the state capital, 149 buses will be operating within a short distance while 60 buses will travel to other districts and 238 buses will be provided for long-distance travelling. These buses shall run under the Assam State Corporation Limited (ASTC) for a period of five years.
- Initiative for hybrid breeding between imported cows and buffaloes will be carried out.
- Two new battalions of State Disaster Response Force will be added to combat disaster situations.