Key Decisions Taken In Cabinet Meeting Today
The Assam government held their fourth cabinet meeting on Tuesday chaired by Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma where several key decisions were taken.
They are as follows –
- ‘Asom Ratna Award’to be conferred to one person every year who made a played a pivotal role in contributing to the society. Rs 5 lakh will also be given to the awardee.
- ‘Asom Bibhushan Award’ to be conferred to three persons every year. The awardees will also be given Rs 3 lakh each.
- ‘Asom Bhushan Award’ to be conferred to five persons respectively every year. The award will also carry Rs 2 lakh for each of the awardees.
- ‘Asom Shree Award’ to be conferred to ten persons every year. It will also carry a prize money of Rs 1 lakh for each of them.
- Literary pension to be conferred every year on the birth anniversary of eminent litterateur Homen Borgohain – December 7.
- Sports pension to be conferred on the birthday of Arjun Bhogeswar Barua – September 3.
- Artiste Award to be conferred on January 17 every year.
- These awards will be announced 7 days before the award ceremony.
- Allotment of land measuring 35 bigha 2 katha 2 lecha to the management under Batadrava Than Cultural and Tourism Project. Cultural Minister Bimal Bora will be visiting the site and review the project every month.
- Simplification of flood damage assessment and repairing of infrastructure. Appropriate action can be taken by DCs of the concerned area in this regard between April 1 and October31.
- Pictures of President, Prime Minister and Gopinath Bordoloi to be displayed in all government offices.
- A committee was formed to utilise 77 thousand bighas of government land freed from encroachers at Gorukhuti, Sipajhar in Darrang for agricultural purposes. This will be headed by MLA Padma Hazarika.
- In a bid to eradicate overloading by trucks carrying coal, the cabinet made it mandatory to check the weight of trucks at Digharkhal and Srirampur inter-state borders.