01. Dalai Lama Expresses Concern Over Assam Flood
Concerned about the devastating flood of Assam, Tibetan Spiritual leader Dalai Lama wrote a letter to Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal expressing grief and sorrow over the lives lost in the flood and also appreciated the state government for taking initiative for the flood victims.
02. Guwahati: 93-Years-Old Recovered From COVID-19
Guwahati’s 93-yr-old Mrs Jibini Devi Baid was discharged from GMCH after having firmly defeated COVID-19.
03. COVID-19: India Ranks 3rd To Hit 1 Million Cases
India on Thursday became only the third country in the world after the United States and Brazil to hit a million Covid-19 infections, with 36,247 new cases taking the country’s tally to 1,004,652.
04. Rajnath Singh Arrives Leh To Review Situation
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh arrived in Leh on Friday on a two- day visit to carry out a comprehensive review of the security scenario in the region amid the ongoing tension with China.
05. Mizoram COVID-19 Tally Rises To 272
Five more persons, including a woman, have tested positive for COVID-19 in Mizoram, taking the state’s tally to 272, an official said on Friday.
06. Arsenal FC Shows Solidarity With Flood-Affected Assam
One of the most successful and popular football clubs Arsenal FC has posted a video on Instagram expressing solidarity with flood-affected Assam.
07. Tinsukia Joint Health Director Tests+
Joint Health Director of Tinsukia has tested positive for COVID-19.His name is Dr. Altaf Ahmed.
08. Dhubri Sp Transferred After Arrest Of Journalist
A day after Dhubri-based journalist Rajiv Sharma was arrested by the Police, the Home Department of Assam – of which CM Sarbananda Sonowal is in charge – has transferred Dhubri SP Yuvraj.
09. Mumbai-Based Activist Arrested By Nagaland Police Over Offensive Remarks
Mumbai-based animal rights activist Hema Choudhary was arrested on Friday from Mumbai by Nagaland Police, a PTI report said.
10. Aishwarya Rai And Daughter Admitted To Hospital
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and her daughter Aaradhya have been reportedly admitted to the Nanavati Hospital. Both mother and daughter were in home quarantine after testing positive for the virus.
11. COVID-19 Assam: 551 Patients Recovered On Friday
551 COVID-19 patients were discharged across the state on Friday. This was announced by Himanta Biswa Sarma
12. Covid-19 Assam: 80-Year-Old Woman Recovers
Anima Boro was discharged today from GMCH after she tested negative. She was “critically ill during hospitalization”.
13. Covid-19: Meghalaya Govt Asks Armed Forces To Stay Back
The Meghalaya government has asked the army forces personnel who were supposed to return to the state after the end of their leave to stay back. This comes in the backdrop of a sudden spurt in the number of cases in the state.
14. Person Making Baghjan Fire Documentary Tests Covid+
A member of Discovery Communications who was shooting a documentary on the Baghjan Fire has tested positive for COVID-19.
15. Assam: Cm Sonowal Reviews Covid-19 Situation
Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal reviewed the COVID-19 situation of the state on Friday. In a meeting held at his official residence at Kharghuli in Guwahati, the chief minister took stock of the steps taken by the Health Department for treatment of COVID-19 patients