Separate COVID Hospital To be Set up for Senior Citizens: HBS
Assam Health and Family Welfare Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Saturday said that a special hospital will be launched on July 14 which will treat COVID-19 patients above 65 years of age. The senior citizens who will be infected with COVID-19 will be admitted to COVID Care Center at Khanapara.
The minister, while briefing the media personnel at Janata Bhawan today said that the other specialists will be available in the Khanapara COVID care center for the senior citizens. The family members will be able to provide medicines to those patients in the COVID center. They will be able to give the medicines in the NHM office and the health workers will supply the medicines accordingly.
He further stated that if the family members would give the prescription then the health department will supply medicines to the patients.
Later, speaking about home isolation, the minister said that it is not possible in Assam as the three generations staying together sharing the same washroom, kitchens etc. adding that even if someone wants to be in-home quarantine, it will be allowed in certain conditions.
The conditions are as follows:
- They have to take the permission of society if they stay in flats
- There should not be any senior citizens in the home
- They will have to purchase a pulse oximeter
- They should appoint a private doctor
- They should be in contact with the doctor every 3 hours
- They should have the facility to go to GMCH in their own car