Shah NRC’s announcement dash rejection plea

191

Union Home Minister Amit Shah today dashed the hope of Assam Government that the present NRC would be rejected.

Rather he announced in the Parliament that Assam Government would bear the legal cost of those who had to fight the legal case in the Foreigner’s tribunal.

He also said that Tribunals had been set up in all the districts of Assam so that people could approach it easily.

This is a serious setback for Assam Government who pleaded for a complete rejection of the NRC 2019. In fact, in this regard, Assam Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma addressed a news conference repeating the plea of rejection.

Meanwhile, Mr Shah told Parliament that the National Register of Citizens (NRC) will be implemented nationwide. This has been welcomed everywhere except by Mamata Banerjee in Bengal. This is noteworthy that the database of 2019 NRC of Assam is also five years old and it needs an urgent update.

ButAmit Shah’s statement today made it clear that NRC 2019 would remain as a base document, as suggested by former Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi.

Meanwhile, Amit Shaha informed the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday that no person, no matter what religion he or she followed, needed to be afraid.

You might also like
Comments
Loading...